Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger

Go down 
2 posters

Which Profession Combo??
N/Mo + R/Me ?
I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger I_vote_lcap50%I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
N/Me + R/Mo ?
I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger I_vote_lcap50%I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-08-21

I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Empty
PostSubject: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 2 2 à 9:08

Hey all!

I have decided for my next 2 chars, i am going to do a necro 1st profession, and a ranger 1st profession.
After extensive research, (trying out in PvP), i have decided to use Monk and Mesmer as 2nd profs.

My problem is that i cant decide which to use on what, as monk is very useful, but mesmer goes well with them both also. (So far i think i might go N/Mo and R/Me but i am still undecided as i just said)

If you could please either add a post, private msg me, or talk 2 me online, giving me your views on what to use and why (which 2 profs and reason i.e. combo moves and techniques) i would be grateful!

Thx! Gary.

P.S Plz take part in my GvG poll, more have taken part in my capes poll than that one, and i would rather you took part in the GvG poll! Thx!
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-07-03

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 2 2 à 23:11

Actually, you want both.
N/Mo for MM
N/Me for SS

Start with Mo for the MM and once you reach the crystal desert, you can switch to Me and back as many times as you like.
When you're done with both, you can even toy with N/W or N/A Smile
Back to top Go down
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 3 2 à 10:37

Hey!

What do u mean i can switch around???? i never knew that was possible! Surprised

Thx. Gary
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 3 2 à 15:07

After you ascend, you can switch to any secondary profession you want (except for the Faction ones), just do a quest and you can switch back and forth as many times as you like to.
Back to top Go down
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 3 2 à 15:15

oh wel... if i knew that sooner i wouldnt av named my char like i have done (Divine Warrior Gary (divine=monk)(warrior is obvious)) oh well, im happy with this character like that
and my a/r aswell (unless u can re name them somehow). i will just remember for my other characters.

thx. gary

1 more thing... can factions campaigners also change professions, or just prophecies
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 6 2 à 4:29

Faction members can change profession at Tyria just like Prophecies chars can go to Cantha and buy (500g, one payment only) a new profession at Senji's corner.

If you're considering playing a physical Necro, as in N/W, N/A, W/N or A/N, here are some interesting skills for a necro duelist:
I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Necromancerat2.th
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 6 2 à 6:13

From the list of skills above, I'd personally choose Grenth's balance when going on a duel, pairing it with either deathly chill and taste of pain from Death, Faintheartedness and barbs from curses, or strip enchantment and life siphon from blood. the right combo would most probably bring down most other builds in a 1 on 1 fight.
Back to top Go down
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 6 2 à 10:57

i think i will do what you said, and start with n/mo, and then change later to n/me and then later on to n/w or n/a. thanx for the info about factions, and an extra thanx for the skills list, great help!!
i think thats all i need from this page for now, but if any1 else could help me then okay! (i love the help from olorin, and good help it is too, but i wish others would help too, so i get a balanced view, cos eventually im gonna turn in2 "olorin de la morte II"!!) lol

gary
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime4 7 2 à 1:53

That most possibly will never happen, since you'll gain your own experience and make your own choice about some of the skills around. Besides that, I didn't go N/A or N/W yes, though I've played W/N for quite a while.
I must admit that I wasn't very advanced with my skill usage as a W/N.
Keep in mind that all the Elite skills have to be captured, which in turn (sometimes) means a long hard trek..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger   I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need Professions Advice! Necro+Ranger
Page 1 of 1