Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
diginferno

diginferno

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-02

How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL Empty
PostSubject: How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL   How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL Icon_minitime4 3 2 à 13:16

Finally, after a long struggle with my inner demons, I managed to go through Hell's Precipice with Eltoora Braineater (N/E). cheers She's also a sanctioned Drunkard at this moment, thanks to the Wintersday In July event.

I must say that my mindset has changed a lot during the past several months, and that seems to be a good thing. I still rush through some areas, but overall I've become a more patient player.

I even tried the hard mode and managed to vanquish Old Ascalon. Boy, is that time consuming!! Oh well, the cartographer title track will benefit from the slow vanquishing days.

Two more characters reached Droknar's Forge: Elvira Moonbow (R/Me) and Ewayle Darkfire (E/N). Ewayle's doppelganger was fun: she killed me during the first attempt, but the second time I made short work of her (I already had Master of Magic and Fire Attunement on me and I managed to be the first to cast Maelstrom, then Smoldering Embers and a Fire Storm plus 2-3 Immolations did the trick in less than 2 minutes, I think).

I even started to play close-range combat professions: I have a warrior, an assassin and a dervish. The dervish and the assassin are my favorites at this moment, but the warrior is also doing well with axes (thanks, Amy, for the axe idea). The only profession I haven't tried as main profession is paragon, but I'll start one someday soon.
Back to top Go down
diginferno

diginferno

PostSubject: Re: How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL   How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL Icon_minitime4 4 2 à 16:51

Today I also finished Factions, also with Eltoora. Defeating Shiro was definitely an interesting challenge. I got killed twice or thrice, until I got the right combination of heroes/henchies and skills to defeat him, but the first runs were meant to get a taste of Shiro's skills, anyway.

I had Gwen in my party, with Empathy, Backfire and interrupts equipped. Among Eltoora's skills, there were Spiteful Spirit, Insidious parasite and Necrosis. These plus the celestial skills and the other heroes (Ogden and Koss) and henchmen (no monk henchman) did the trick rather fast.

The next one will probably be Eye of The North, as with Nightfall I am still far from the final missions.
Back to top Go down
diginferno

diginferno

PostSubject: Re: How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL   How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL Icon_minitime4 4 2 à 4:51

Turns out that I finished Nightfall before Eye of The North, with Eltoora Rolling Eyes It took me long enough, anyway, but I've been playing other characters as well.

Shiro was the toughest enemy, just like Factions. But you should have seen my skill bar, a true nightmare: Sunspear skills (Necrosis), Asura skills (Pain Inverter), Deldrimor skills (Light of Deldrimor, for the holy damage), Lightbringer skills (Lightbringer's Gaze), elementalist (Malstrom) and 3 necro skills (Signet of Lost Souls, Spiteful Spirit and Insidious Parasite). Also, Olias was set as a minion master, Gwen was loaded with interrupts and Ogden had Light of Deliverance on him.

Abaddon was a piece of cake, I got the master's reward from the first run. Interrupts and heavy degeneration hexes, combined with all the physical damage I could get from the henchies and with clockwork roundtrips around the map did the trick.

Now back to Eye of The North, with Eltoora. And some hard mode grinding in the other campaigns, and the undone quests in Nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL   How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did I manage to finish the Prophecies campaign? LOL
Page 1 of 1