Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-07-03

House rules Empty
PostSubject: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 3 2 à 7:18

Hello, temp leader here and I thought we should make some of the things clearer. This guild is first and foremost for FUN, not GvG, not nothing. The idea is to have something close to a democracy, everybody is free to have fun and nobody is to prevent anyone else from having fun.
To make sure everybody can have fun, I've written some ground rules just in case and for new members.

1. Officers have the power to invite as well as kick any member. They also have the right to do so, that's why they're officers.

2. Officers are there to help and assist.
What help means:
    Questions about the working of the game - professions, skills etc.
    If you can't find a party for a mission, an officer might come to your help.
    You need to reach somewhere and for some reason you don't manage, an officer might be available to run you there.

What help doesn't mean:
    Money
    items
    leaving everything just to give you attention
    suffering any kind of abuse

Again, this doesn't mean an officer is obliged to be there for anyone, anywhere, anytime. Officers are players too and they like playing like you and me.

3. The guild channel is not to be used for Spam, selling items, asking for gold etc.
You need gold, go out and hunt. You may ask for help hunting, that's ok.
You may use the guild channel to ask for a specific item or for giving away items. The guild channel isn't a trading channel.

4. The alliance channel is not to be abused, that means, use the guild channel unless you NEED the other guild(s) to know what you have to say and NO SPAM.

5. If you are being told something by an officer, do it. An officer will rarely ask you to *do* anything other than to shut up. Nobody can force you to join a fight, quest or whatever. If you have a problem with one of the officers, take it to the leader. If that officer happens to be Forsythia Altea, sucks to be you, she owns the guild.

6. After 3 weeks of being offline, we kick..

Last edited by on 4 4 2 à 6:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

House rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 4 2 à 6:40

Promotions:
Want to be an officer? Think you're made of the right stuff?
1. Must be member for over 3 weeks.
2. There should be a vacancy, meaning we've demoted an officer or the officers decided they need another one to help them.
3. The officers will choose the best candidate to be promoted, that is the candidate that proved to be the most helpful to the guild.
That will usually be decided according to:
1. Helping guild members, either with knowledge or adventuring (or both)
2. Bringing new people to the guild
3. Good conduct.

Remember, officer is half work, half play, while members are all play.
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

House rules Empty
PostSubject: GvG   House rules Icon_minitime4 10 2 à 16:04

GvG is a big issue for some of us, but then again, it can easily be a source of frustration, insults and great humiliation both personally and as a guild.

Therefore, we advise and encourage any member seeking to GvG, to gain at least some experience at the "Heroes' Ascent" arena.
This arena is available on the map shown when visiting the guild hall. I suppose (not sure) that it only opens up after winning some battles over the random and team arenas. The special thing about Heroes' Ascent is that it's an 8 people team PvP arena with a changing theme.
If you find yourself enjoying Heroes' Ascent, you're probably more than capable of winning a GvG fight without getting frustrated, insulted or insulting a less experienced team member.
Back to top Go down
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-05-05

House rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 11 2 à 9:15

Does this mean that we must accumulate fame too join in with these gvgs or do we have too simply play at Heroes Ascent??
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

House rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 11 2 à 10:37

Kelzor wrote:
Does this mean that we must accumulate fame too join in with these gvgs or do we have too simply play at Heroes Ascent??

It means we encourage you to gain some experience with group vs. group fighting and tactics at Heroes' Ascent. Doesn't mean you have to win your fights there (though every win will earn you 1 fame point, which is nice).
Back to top Go down
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-05-05

House rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 12 2 à 13:32

OK thanks i have one more question though. Do we need to fite as a guild in Heroes Ascent, or alliance or just with random party teams?
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

House rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: House rules   House rules Icon_minitime4 12 2 à 14:36

Kelzor wrote:
OK thanks i have one more question though. Do we need to fite as a guild in Heroes Ascent, or alliance or just with random party teams?
Heroe's ascent is a free for all, so just pop in and find a team which is hopefully not to elitist.
After a few skirmishes, you'll (probably) learn how it is to be a newbie and an experienced player (since it's all relative).
Hopefully, that'll help you gain better team skills, as well as knowing how being insulted feels. Insulting or being insulted by strangers isn't the same thing as with guild members. I hope that with the experiece gained there, we could avoid the potential bad aspects of GvG in favor or better team play and better mutual understanding.
Back to top Go down
trunksssj2

trunksssj2

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-05-17

House rules Empty
PostSubject: hmm   House rules Icon_minitime4 25 2 à 18:26

you forgot to mention the 3 weeks kicking rule
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte