Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GvG Dragoons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-05-05

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 30 2 à 13:59

After being spirited on by 2 consecutive wins in gvg and being rank at 516 (there are over 4000 registered guilds)so that's gud i've decided that maybe we should try and get a gvg team together. They would represent the guild in battles and gvg is a biggie thing so it'd be nice to have a pro team in the guild.

I hope to hear ur opinions!
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

Number of posts : 40

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 31 2 à 1:33

Ooh, Kelzor has had a taste of blood and is craving for more! Twisted Evil Off course I'd love to do a GvG from time to time but I hope we will still have time for PvE. I still like the PvE better then the PvP in guild wars. Anyway, its good to be in the top 1000 (a friend of me has been bragging about his guild being in that top 1000 and now we have a higher ranking).
Looking forward to our next victory!

P.S.: When you get higher guild ranks you have to fight other guilds with high ranking. A lot of those are "spikerteams"(so not fair Suspect ). Any idea how to beat that? My Blurred Vision alone isnt powerfull enough for that.
Back to top Go down
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 31 2 à 6:30

umm make our own spiker team?
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

Number of posts : 40

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 31 2 à 7:29

For those who don't know what a spiker team is:

A spikerteam is made out of mostly rangers, aeromancers or blood necros. Most of them have teamspeak (they can hear their leader talk, don't ask me how it works) and they pick a target, like a monk or ele. The leader counts down and all partymembers attack the same target at the same time, causing massive damage and killing it before the enemy monk can even react. Also, they use Frozen Soil so dead players cannot be ressed as long as that spirit lives.

I think this is quite unfair and i hate running into a team like this in the arena. Arenanet has made efforts to make spiking less effective but there are still plenty teams like these around. See for yourself in the observe mode!

Keeping things fair, i'd rather not start a spikerteam. Lets just hope we dont get to fight any.
Back to top Go down
Elements Blade2

Elements Blade2

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-08-01

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 1 2 à 1:27

Hiya all

Im Elements Blade and i just loged in for the first time. I was 1 of the members that fought in the gvg battle and we were a gerate team! Smile

I want to join the gvg team if its still possible (Im a fire elementalist).
Back to top Go down
Dhiammara

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-08-03

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime4 11 2 à 5:30

Luna Stellaeque wrote:
For those who don't know what a spiker team is:

A spikerteam is made out of mostly rangers, aeromancers or blood necros. Most of them have teamspeak (they can hear their leader talk, don't ask me how it works) and they pick a target, like a monk or ele. The leader counts down and all partymembers attack the same target at the same time, causing massive damage and killing it before the enemy monk can even react. Also, they use Frozen Soil so dead players cannot be ressed as long as that spirit lives.

I think this is quite unfair and i hate running into a team like this in the arena. Arenanet has made efforts to make spiking less effective but there are still plenty teams like these around. See for yourself in the observe mode!

Keeping things fair, i'd rather not start a spikerteam. Lets just hope we dont get to fight any.

Haven't played GvG on Guild Wars, however I do use TeamSpeak. It can be useful, the main benefit being able to co-ordinate what's happening more quickly by voice communication only. Not everyone is fast at switching between chat and use of skills! We began using them for Uru Online (part of the Myst series), and latterly Until Uru. Some of the Teamspeak servers for the Uru community are used for multiple games (including a channel for Guild Wars). It's really just a different way of working.

Can't say I like the sound of those spikerteams - though I would be interested in seeing the result of two such teams meeting Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GvG Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: GvG Dragoons   GvG Dragoons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GvG Dragoons
Page 1 of 1