Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crisis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trent Mazarix

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-05-18

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 12 2 à 18:50

It is to my greatest distress that I return today to Guild Wars, to find that all of the officers, save Forsythia, have left. Poof, gone, disappeared. I snooped around a bit, and I find they have all gone off to join other guilds. I kind of saw this coming, but I'm still not too happy about it.

So I have two things to say.

One, we have lost our only serious players. The Bloody Dragoons was based upon their presence. Trunks, More, Luna, all the rest. Our Guild is now populated by people who can't be bothered to be a part of it. It's just for the cape, and the ability to say you're in a guild.

Second, unless some serious issues are addressed, BDs is going to slowly peter out and die.

I conclude with one question: Are we beating a dead horse, or do we want this guild to live?
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-07-03

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 0:30

To be honest, Kelzor was more of a cry-baby than anything else.
First he cried so we'd be in an Alliance, then he cried that the Alliance wasn't good enough, yada yada yada. Kelzor also has the knack of backstabbing. He already left the guild once, not before promoting ALL members to officers, leaving Forsythia to fix everything after him. This time he only changed the guild announcement before leaving. His kind is unwelcome in the guild.

Trunks, with all due respect to his playing skill and knowledge, is a good player but hardly a good officer. An officer doesn't whine as much as he did. A good officer works to change things. Trunks was great at whining about the so called zombies, but did little to recruit people to his liking or give those people a reason to change. Not a good officer in my book. Plus, he'll soon be joining the IDF (Israeli Army) so once he won't be online so much due to his army service, we'll see how much flame he'll be getting for his lack of attendence.

Luna, I admit, is a loss. Luna was a good officer and will be missed.

Running away solves little. If you want to try another guild, be my guest, though you can still have good manners and say goodbye nicely instead of suddenly disappearing. Switching guilds is no guarantee for anything better. Things mostly depend on you rather than the surrounding.
Good luck in whichever path you choose. sunny

edit: typos

Last edited by on 4 13 2 à 5:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trent Mazarix

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 4:46

While I can admit that Trunks and some of the others were a little on the whiny side, the truth is, they were amongst the few dedicated players (I know that sounds weird, seeing as they all walked out, but you know what I mean). Right now, we are left with a large amount of players who don't really seem to want to be a part of the guild. Basically what I'm suggesting is that this guild get some new blood. Good, active players. I don't know what the criteria for recruitment is, but it seems to me that not a whole lot have the time, energy, whatever, to be an active part of the guild. Others are, of course.

I am by no means planning on leaving the guild. I like it here. It's my first guild, and unless someone cuts off my legs and beats me to death with them, I'm not quitting. So, if I'm still welcome in the guild, I'd love to try and help.
Back to top Go down
De La Morte
Admin
De La Morte

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-07-03

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 5:02

I really appreciate your tone and your enthusiasm Smile

What I can tell you is this:
Recruiting was without criteria, anyone who wants to join is invited.
I could easily find and recruit more people, but they might well end up as more 'zombies' or as in many other cases, go on vacation or someoe not log in for over 3 weeks for whatever reason.

The right way of getting good players, in my opinion, isn't by farming factions. The right way is by playing PvE missions and making friends. The difference between a silent name in the list and an active player is exactly that factor. Do you know him/her? Do you spend time doing things together? That could be anything from missions, runs, PvP or even simple socializing. If there's no personal touch, one can't expect a personality to show itself. Being a good officer isn't answering random questions like Trunks did so well. Being a good officer is being a friend, much like Luna did. This guild was successful because Forsy has the gift of socializing and making friends. She'd spend hours just talking to people at the guildhall.
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-05-05

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 5:17

I guess I have some explainig to do...

First of all, know that I really loved the Dragoons and never intended to drag it down. Lately I felt like the guild just wasn't the same anymore. The thought of leaving never crossed my mind untill last week. When I logged in yesterday I was whispered by Trunks and Kelzor, who knew how I felt lately, asking if I would join them to search for a new guild and, well, I did. I am not sure if things will be better in another guild, in fact I'm not sure at all, but I feel that I need to see for myself.

For the moment, I feel like if a mesmer cast Guilt and Shame on me at the same time. Please don't hate me for all this as I meant no personal harm.
There is a good chance that I will come crawling back in the future when I have found that the grass on the horizon wasn't as green as it seemed. If you still want me, I'll gladly join.

Don't let this be the end of the Dragoons, I know you can overcome this although it will be hard.

Good luck,

Luna
Back to top Go down
Trent Mazarix

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 6:17

I've only ever wanted a tight-knit group of people who know what the others' strengths and weaknesses are, who are friends, who are willing to fight beside or against each other, be it PvE, or PvP. That's what a guild is, in real life terms, at least. That's gonna take some work, but that's just how it goes. I'm up for it, I hope the rest of you are as well.

Luna, I'm no representative of the rest, but I do wish you good luck. I personally wouldn't mind having you back. Till then, good luck, and good gaming. Win a few fights for your old guild. ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crisis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis   Crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crisis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home of the Bloody Dragoons-
Jump to: