Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?

Go down 
+6
Elements Blade2
Luna Stellaeque
DisturbeD
Kelzor
Meloncholy Spirit
Black More
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Black More

Black More

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-02-07

What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Empty
PostSubject: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 9 2 à 7:23

Hi guildies,

quick question for you.. Quite often I only get half an hour or so to play Guild Wars. Any suggestions what's a good thing to do during that time?

As I'm stuck in Chunderhead Keep with my two main characters, it's not worth me trying that again as it takes an hour and a half minimum to attempt it.

I've got a pre-searing character too, but as he's level 8 I've more or less exhausted his potential. I'd like to keep him pre-searing to do the odd spot of charr farming and to help out newbies etc. Otherwise I'd bring him through and try all the missions again.

I've tried farming but I'm not very good at it.

Any thought anyone confused
Back to top Go down
Meloncholy Spirit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 14 2 à 5:44

if i had half an hour id probably just sort out my inventory and storage. I dont know if its just me, but im incredibly messy. Or maybe do a spot of trading in the towns, just basically set yourself up for when you know your gonna have a few hours to play with your chars.
Back to top Go down
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 10 2 à 6:06

Hmmm thats kinda hard u could try at farming again on weaker enemies and work your way up but if thats not to your liking you could just recruit. (hint hint)
Back to top Go down
DisturbeD

DisturbeD

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 30 2 à 9:11

Well ifI only have half an hour to play, I would normally just sort out my storage and backpack, try and sell some things, check the market prices. That sort of things. Then once I've got some proper time to play, I'd have some things already sorted.

If worse comes to worse u can always go and help out ppl who are just starting out in Ascalon.
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 6:00

I'd do an aliance battle. I think kicking some Luxon butt is a great way to spend half an hour. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Black More

Black More

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 13 2 à 6:28

Not tried an Alliance Battle yet. Assume that's where you speak to the guy in the Guild Hall.. Any hints/tips for giving it a go?
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 17 2 à 1:23

Well, try to capture as many outposts as possible. The game is not about killing Luxons (although fun) but about capturing outposts. Thats how you get points. Also, try to stay with the group you started with, you're always stronger with a team around you. Stay out of the Luxon base, if you try to get in, an NPC will instant-kill you. If there's an outpost in the center wich gives your team a dragon, get it! It will seriously help your team.
I really love aliance battles so if I'm not doing a mission, I'll gladly fight by your side. (Water magic seems to be designed for aliance battles, MUHAHAHAHA :-[ )
Back to top Go down
Kelzor

Kelzor

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 24 2 à 4:43

Yes i must admit alliance battles are fun but the dragon isn't the most important part i suggest rez shrines first then dragon. Also if u can get a minion master because being backed up by ravenous undead would put a crimp on any luxon assault. Last thing is Luxons tend too mass in large groups so try and skirt around the big groups and go all commando on their butts by gettin the shrines they're not gaurding.
Back to top Go down
Luna Stellaeque

Luna Stellaeque

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 24 2 à 8:33

God I hate the Luxons and their minion masters! They ALWAYS seem to have one on their team and then your team decides to attack the minions instead of the minion master. Mad I just bought Verata's aura for my Ranger/Necro Elliot so he can steal minions. Aaaaah, the look on the masters face when his/her army turns against him/her. tongue
Back to top Go down
Elements Blade2

Elements Blade2

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 1 2 à 1:45

I like a normal pvp fight (in the random arenas or team arenas) cause in alliance battle sometimes it happens that u need to wait alot of time for the luxon and thats just sucks, u need to get a good team 2 and that takes even more time. So if it happens that u wait alot of time for alliance battle and u dont have much time to wait, just go to random arenas and u can have fun there even more. Cool
Back to top Go down
bobins

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 20 2 à 22:43

that necro skill rocks. its great to see there reactions... they freak out. lol.

its a bit like it with my char atm.. i dont konw why... because they can see when they target me that im an e/mo.. so i could have healing spells with me..

but tehy always seem to be ultra supprised when it takes them forever and a day to kill me unless there's more than one person attacking me. Smile n tanks. there the worst for it. hehe. its great. Smile
Back to top Go down
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 4 2 à 7:41

back to the alliance battles.

Yes the aim of it IS to capture the posts and keep them ( Sleep )
Twisted Evil But, not only is it fun to kick luxon butt, Twisted Evil this also gives you SOME faction.
Admittedly it is a pointless doing at +1 faction and +3 balthazar faction, but think about it, u get all that PER LUXON!!

Twisted Evil IMAGINE THE AMOUNT YOU GET IF YOU HELP IN THE CAUSE!! Twisted Evil SLAUGHTERING EVERY SINGLE LUXON ON THE FIELD!! Twisted Evil

sorry! got carried away there Very Happy
now isnt that a gud way to spend 30 mins Twisted Evil

(Plus, you could always put the faction in2 our guild, seeing as we onli have about 30k and i put more or less half of that in (you need 5k/10k to be able 2 place it in2 the alliance faction))

gary
Back to top Go down
GARY WarriorZ

GARY WarriorZ

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 20 2 à 6:30

GARY WarriorZ wrote:

(Plus, you could always put the faction in2 our guild, seeing as we onli have about 30k and i put more or less half of that in (you need 5k/10k to be able 2 place it in2 the alliance faction))

gary

even better this weekend!! double faction!! get ur butts there and add sum 2 the alliance pot!!
Back to top Go down
war amy

war amy

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2006-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 10 2 à 1:25

when i have half an hour left, i normally do a chest run in the area of marhan's grotto. I work on my title then and have a change on nice drops :-) although most of the time they are useless.
Back to top Go down
Kivra Wren

Kivra Wren

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime4 1 2 à 4:59

If i have half an hour free i tend to either stick my running skills on my ranger and explore -- going for cartographer title

Elite Skill hunt - when you get past the desert you can change secondary making this a lot more readily availiable ( if you have the skill points and the money ) If anyone is sad like me they have a record of which skills are availiable and in which areas. Idea

storage sorting is just really saying that i am bored at home but cant be bothered to play properly . Sleep - maybe why i have so much stuff in my storage and characters !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?   What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a fun way to spend half an hour in Guild Wars?
Page 1 of 1